+61 2 8458 4245
Will retail property remain a good investment given the challenges posed by online retailing, weak household income and spending and other cyclical and structural changes?
Retailers, and retail centres, are experiencing tough conditions off the back of weak household income and spending and heightened competition from online retailers and new supply. Yet retail centre values continue to strengthen. Will retail property remain a good investment?
Retail Property Subscription Services
BIS Oxford Economics’ Retail Property Market Forecasts and Strategies report provides a detailed investigation of the Australian retail market, focusing on expected trading conditions and investment performance within regional, sub-regional and neighbourhood shopping centres over the next decade. Our analysis and forecasts of centre incomes, yields, capital values and IRRs provide fresh insights for market participants.
Our Large Format Retailing report focuses on this dominant sub-sector of the Australian retail market that has seen dramatic growth and change in its rapid evolution over the past 20 years.
Property Indicators Forecast
- Population and households by state
- Household income, private consumption expenditure and retail turnover
- Retail turnover by store category and by state
- Household goods turnover by sub-category and by state
- Retail commencements by state
- Centre income, regional, sub-regional and large format centres
- Investment yields, capital values and internal rates of return
What the service includes
- Forecast consistency. Our retail property market analysis draws on in-house economic and demographic forecasts, ensuring a consistent methodology. Our forecasts are in sync with our widely respected global economic and industry view.
- Market insights. Our experienced team of property analysts bring together more than 150 years’ experience in property forecasting, market research, data analysis and town planning.
- Flexible delivery of forecasts. Our database and forecasts, including data on over 1,000 large format retail centres and freestanding superstores, can be delivered flexibly, either as an Excel file or in other formats to meet client needs.
- Independent forecasts that clients can trust, regardless of the stage of cycle. Annual (10 year) forecasts form the basis of assumptions in a financial evaluation or feasibility analysis.
- Research briefing. An in-house presentation, webinar or teleconference is included as part of a subscription.
- Property economist support. We provide full client support to answer questions about our data or forecasts.