+61 2 8458 4217
Study of 15,000 households providing incidence and detailed analysis of various home improvement projects.
Building material suppliers, developers and builders have been using our reports for over 40 years to understand the nature and magnitude of home improvements activity in Australia.
We deliver extensive market sizing and material usage analysis across an extensive range of home improvement projects and provide key drivers for undertaking the project, cost of project and who undertook the job.
Our reports are include historical and demographic analysis to understand trends by household structure, age of dwelling, gross household income among other aspects.
Report provides detailed analysis covering:
- Project overview. Detailed coverage of project numbers and incidence, average cost, who undertook the project, project lag time and availability of finance.
- Demographics. Analysis by age, gross household income, household structure, age of dwelling and length of time living in the dwelling.
- Decisions & drivers. Understanding who makes the material choice decision, key project drivers and key drivers for specific materials.
- Materials analysis. Estimating total materials used in projects and material used by project segments.
- Historical comparison. Time series data for each type of home improvement project.
- Product Specifics. The reports also contains additional material specific analysis.
The following home improvement projects are covered:
- Ground and Upper Floor House Additions
- Window Replacements
- Relining Internal Walls/Ceilings
- Decks, Patios and Pergolas
- Kitchen and Laundry Renovations
- Bathroom Renovations
Large sample size. We undertake an online survey at least 5,000 households to ensure a robust sample size across product categories.
Consistent and comparable research methodology. Our consistent line of questioning across key variables allows time-series analysis.
National coverage. We conduct the survey in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, plus regional areas of the Eastern States.
Weighted data. Survey data is weighted up to project results to all Australian households.
Speak with an expert